Zoe's BBQ Chicken Tacos w/ Pineapple Salsa
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 flour tortillas (gluten-free if needed)
- 12 oz. Zoe’s “Anything” Sauce
For the Pineapple Salsa (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple cubes (if you cannot find fresh pineapple, use canned pineapple packed in water and drain well), chopped
- 1 small mango, diced small (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, finely minced (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Zoe’s “Anything” Sauce
- Place the Zoe’s “Anything” Sauce in a plastic bag and add the chicken. Seal the bag, pressing out the air. Massage the chicken to make sure all surfaces are coated with the Sauce. Place the chicken in the refrigerator and marinate for 30 minutes to one hour, turning occasionally so all sides of the chicken are coated with the Sauce.
- Preheat your gas grill to high heat or Preheat oven to 350’F
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Place on the hot grill and cook, turning occasionally with tongs, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes total, depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes lightly covered with foil. Cut into thin slices and then dice into small pieces.
- Warm the flour tortillas on the grill or in oven, about 20 seconds per side, flipping with tongs as needed.
- Place the chopped pineapple, bell pepper, onion, and jalapenos in a mixing bowl and toss to combine. Sprinkle very lightly with salt and pepper. Add the lime juice, starting with the juice of one lime, then taste and add more if it needs it. Toss again until everything is evenly coated. Add as much cilantro as you like.